How to Submit a Video
Once you have produced a *Solar Idol Contest video, either as a *Solar Idol team or individually, you need to submit it into the *Solar Idol Contest!
To do so, please follow these steps:
1. Log into or create an account with Vimeo (for free!) at www.vimeo.com
2. After you are logged in, click UPLOAD at the top of the screen.
3. Click CHOOSE A FILE TO UPLOAD, making sure to read Vimeo's uploading rules.
4. Select the video you want to upload, and press OPEN.
5. Fill out the TITLE and DESCRIPTION fields, and click SAVE CHANGES.
6. Once the video is finished uploading, on the same page, select PRIVACY along the left-hand side of the screen.
7. On the PRIVACY page, ensure that the following features are selected:
a. Who can see this video: ANYONE
b. What can people do with this video: CHECK BOTH BOXES
c. Who can post comments on this video: ANYONE
d. Click SAVE CHANGES
8. Click on GO TO VIDEO to finish converting your video onto Vimeo. This may take a few minutes.
9. Under VIDEOS at the top of the page, click on MY VIDEOS.
10. Click on your *Solar Idol Contest video that you just uploaded.
11. Click SHARE in the top right-hand corner of your video.
12. In the TYPE A NAME OR EMAIL ADDRESS field, type OUR username - Windfall Ecology Centre - and select Windfall Ecology Centre, Ontario Canada from the pop-up list.
13. In the PERSONAL MESSAGE field, please type *Solar Idol Contest Video Submission.
14. Click SHARE and then click CLOSE WINDOW.
15. You MUST fill out and submit a completed registration form for your video submission to be eligible. If you are under 18 years of age, you must fill out a Minor Release Form, signed by your parent and/or legal guardian.
Minor Release Form
You can submit this form(s) by:
Scanning and emailing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faxing to: (905) 727-0491
*Solar Idol Contest
c/o Windfall Ecology Centre
93A Industrial Parkway South
Aurora, ON L4G 3V5
On the registration form, we will ask for personal information, such as your name, your contact information, your high school, you teacher's name and their contact information. This personal information will be collected, used and/or disclosed solely for the purpose of assessing qualification for the *Solar Idol Contest. *Solar Idol Contest and Windfall administrative staff will only disclose a winning student(s)'s name and information after receiving prior consent from the student (and/or their parent and/or legal guardian) and the appropriate release forms are fully completed and returned to *Solar Idol and Windfall.
All stored information, including personal information, received from our applicants remains the exclusive property of the *Solar Idol Contest and is not sold or distributed. Applicant names and information are seen only by *Solar Idol Contest and Windfall employees. Such information is stored in a secure location and only accessible for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, and it is destroyed, in a manner which ensures that the private and/or confidential nature of the information is preserved.