Get up to $5,000 back
When you complete 2 or more energy-saving upgrades
*If you are replacing a natural gas furnace as one of your upgrades 3 or more upgrades are required.
New for 2020 - extended to August 31
The more you bundle, the more you save
There are two limited-time bundle offers if you complete your pre-renovation energy assessment between Jan. 1, 2020 and Aug. 31, 2020*
Bundle Offer 1:
Receive a $2,150 rebate for making the following upgrades:
- Attic insulation*
- Air sealing
Bundle Offer 2:
Receive a $1,400 rebate for making the following upgrades:
- Attic insulation*
- Air sealing
*Limited-time offers while funds last. Enbridge Gas Inc. reserves the right to cancel offers at any time. Rebates for bundle offers include a $550 rebate towards the cost of the energy assessments. All upgrades completed in bundle offer must meet minimum criteria as outlined on the Home Energy Upgrades webpage. Attic insulation rebates are pro-rated based on the total ceiling area percentages upgraded. For example, if you select Bundle Offer 1 and upgrade only 50% of your attic insulation, you will receive 50% of the $500 attic rebate ($250) for a total rebate of $1,900. Homeowners that complete additional upgrades beyond the bundle offer will receive additional rebates.
Key Home Efficiency Rebate Changes for 2020
- NOTE: If you are replacing a natural gas furnace as one of your upgrades, you now need 3 or more upgrades to be eligible
- Furnace rebate has decreased to $500
- Furnace rebate requirement is that the existing furnace is 95% AFUE or lower and new one is 96% or higher
- Boiler rebate is increased to $1000
- For basement insulation: Must upgrade a minimum of 20% of total wall area. The rebate is pro-rated based on the percentage of wall area insulated and does not include walls between individual units. For a semi-detached, rebates are 75% of the amounts shown.
Get even more back when you complete more than 2 upgrades
- Complete 3 upgrades and receive an additional $250 total
- Complete 4 upgrades and receive an additional $500 total
- Complete 5 upgrades and receive an additional $750 total
To participate in the Enbridge Home Efficiency Rebate you must meet the following requirements:
- Live in a detached house, semi-detached house or row townhouse.
- The residence must be heated by natural gas
- The residence must be in the Enbridge Gas Franchise Service Area.
- You must complete an energy assessment both before and after renovations take place.
- You must complete at least two (2) eligible renovations/upgrades.
This program requires both a pre and post upgrade EnerGuide Home Energy Evaluation. The total cost of the two evaluations is $600 + HST. Once you have successfully completed both evaluations, you will receive $550 back to cover the home evaluation cost. This is included as part of your total Enbridge incentive cheque.
How to Get Your Incentives
IN JUST 3 STEPS: MONEY BACK AND A MORE EFFICIENT HOME
Call Windfall Home Energy at 1-866-280-4431 to pre-qualify your home. Our home energy experts will pre-qualify you over the phone and arrange for your (pre-upgrade) Home Energy Evaluation with a Registered Energy Advisor. The evaluation will take approximately 2–3 hours and your energy advisor will provide you with a written report and clearly explain all your incentive options.
Successfully complete at least 2 qualifying upgrades. Your energy advisor will provide advice on which combination of upgrades will provide the best savings. When using a contractor for upgrades, we recommend getting at least three quotes before making a decision.
Complete the post-upgrade Home Energy Evaluation within 120 days of your initial pre-upgrade evaluation. Call Windfall Home Energy to arrange for your post-upgrade evaluation. The post-upgrade evaluation takes 1-2 hours. We will then submit your paperwork to Enbridge and you will receive your incentive cheque by mail, from Enbridge, within 8–12 weeks.
If you have any questions, call us toll free at:
email us at: