The Events Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with event coordination for educational and technical workshops for the ClimateWise Business Network by liaising with speakers and venues, conducting research and finding resources to guide staff decision-making, aiding in event planning and implementation, and assisting with on-site events and clean-up.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaising with past and potential exhibitors to ascertain their precise event requirements; order supplies and equipment, make travel arrangements;
- Conduct research and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities;
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process;
- Prepare name tags, materials, packages, gift bags, registration lists, organizational charts, etc.;
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary; close out all events as required.
Key Skills Required
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Education in sustainability, environmental studies or business or marketing is an advantage;
- Prior experience in an events role preferred;
- Able to work independently and find solutions;
- Desire to learn new things and adapt quickly;
- Interested in environmental or sustainability issues.
Minimum 5 hours per week, plus weekly team meeting.